Saturday, January 05, 2013

these Numbers both Excite and Numb me

2012 is through. In Savland, that means the end of a year I promised would be great and expansive for SaveLove Music. The evidence is in. And the numbers are extreme.

Over 550 titles in the collection, with at least one version of every song included on this one-stop tour of the stacks that unwinds over a set of over 100 60 or 90 minute tapes. Of course i ended up working right up until the last day of the year, unearthing the moments in my pop opera that awaited the final weeks. Others were intentionally held back (almost every song), and still another few dozen were thrown out altogether. Old poems set to music during the tour only count if I hold on to the chords as jotted. Emergency tunes are available to tap for when the world continues to indulge my hermetic mirroring through the winter. Poor, unfunny, violent world.

Plus the covers, improvs, intros and outros, odes, riddles, aphorisms, dubs, (swooshingstaticsound), world of format. This entry is a rehash of previous blogatives. Including the fact that there's plenty of running commentary on the profound paranormal experience, reality cassette-making as it's happening. That's - in a word -intense, and part of what pinned me to my apartment for this twenty-month marathon of musical activity. Everyone talks about our problems with the bureaucracy, the artistocracy, the plutocracy. I've got problems with the chakralacracy.

0 dollars were made. However, there are plenty of demos that can't be improved upon unless collaborated or put into the hands of another artist. They only need digitization, and some of them already have been clicked around the web. Figuring out which tunes would advance the front line is one of my tailor-made to Savstrange problems.

An expansive, triumphant, exhilarating year, then, that played with all the possibilities within its utopian boundaries. But it's over. Two brand new songs out of December: "New Music Came to Town" and "Been Punished Enough". I don't need to sing to keep this pop opera in motion, and for now I'm going to rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can one hear these songs?

Savlove said...

Send me your mailing address. Sending tracks by email won't work in this case. I'll make you a mix from what I've already got digitized (6 or 7 90 min tapes)- or send you a whole "show" (which would be much more personal!). loveonya